Sunday, January 22, 2012

Where I am in my January Goals - doin' good!

I'm so close to being done...at this rate, I may just finish before the month is over :-) The greatest thing about laying out goals in this way of having 4 big goals broken down into smaller goals is that as you discover new goals that need to be met to fulfill a larger goal, you can just add on to the list under the larger goal and it ultimately makes things look easier and more doable (as opposed to a long list of goals that would start to look unwieldy!!).

1. Go through my Christmas gifts
a. make a list of who gave me what - CHECK
b. put items where they go/in places where they will be used - CHECK
c. pull out thank you cards - CHECK
d. write thank you notes - CHECK
e. get addresses - (I might need to call my Mom to get some of these. My address book is a shambles right now and filled with way outdated info...maybe that's a future goal...)
f. mail thank you notes - (hopefully I can do this tomorrow)

2. Financials
a. find all random financial documents laying around - CHECK
b. stack documents in proper piles - CHECK
c. file away - CHECK
d. place tax pertinent documents in manila envelope - CHECK
e. pull out GrottoFae info and place in above manila envelope - CHECK
f. find last remaining receipt for GrottoFae, was it in Dec though? -
g. call to make tax filing appointment -

3. Closet
a. pull out all hanging clothes I have not worn in a year - (I'll double check this tonight)
b. fold these clothes and place in bags with other give-aways - (yeah, still haven't done this lol)
c. go through non-clothes items on closet floor - CHECK (I know what all's there...now proceed to step d)
d. put these things away in proper locations - (I need to hang one thing on the wall and figure out if I still want to keep the shoes I rediscovered...haha)
e. go through clothing on closet floor - (I've already separated everything into bags containing future t-shirt quilt materials, bags of clothes I want to keep for my future children, and bags of clothes that I need to try on and then decide what to do with)
f. try on above mentioned clothes and MAKE DECISIONS -
g. take all give aways to Plato's Closet -
h. put all items back in closet in an orderly fashion -

4. Memory Box - COMPLETE :-)
a. decide on categories for memory box - CHECK
b. decide on separation method (folders for paper memories and Ziplock bags for 3-d items) - CHECK
c. separate into piles (separated by school) - CHECK
d. file these piles into box - CHECK
e. along with b, I need to find a new box to put the post-college stuff in - CHECK (now where to put the box...)

No comments: