Friday, January 20, 2012

Marie's 12 Commandments

In Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project," she starts off her journey by coming up with "Gretchen's 12 Commandments," little things that she feels she needs to focus on to improve her outlook on the day and make her as a whole, happier.
Well, after reading over half of the book, my 12 commandments had yet to hit me and then one night several days ago, they all came in a flood. So now that I have "Marie's 12 Commandments," I'd like to share them in hopes that someone else may have a spontaneous mental explosion of little reminders to improve your happiness level :-)

Marie's 12 Commandments::
1. Be Marie
2. Enjoy what I enjoy...without shame!
3. Reply immediately
4. 2-min rule...Just Do It!! (If something will take less than 2 min to do...then go ahead and do it)
5. Communicate with friends and family
6. Be honest with myself / take responsibility
7. I am not defined by others!!
8. Show love
9. Talk to God
10. Shower!! (haha)
11. Use what I have...don't hoard things with expiration dates!
12. It's okay to go to sleep around 9pm :-)

So hopefully this list will inspire someone else to make their own list of things they need to be aware of in their life. Maybe some of these commandments will even ring true for you...

No comments: