Monday, February 20, 2012

Helpful Posts on Decluttering!

It has been FAR too long since I last posted - courtesy of my defense last week I'm sure! Well, I PASSED - woohoo :-D I am officially a Master of Biology :-P Now all I have to worry about are the revisions to my paper and then I can relax and enjoy my road to becoming a secondary school educator *relief*.
Anyway, this morning I wanted to share with you some really great blog posts about decluttering since this is one of my favorite topics. Although you wouldn't know it from looking around my house, I guess I just haven't quite gotten to the point where I can easily maintain yet. School seems to always get in the way...

First, I'd like to share a guest post on the MoneySavingMom blog entitled "A '100 Things' Decluttering Challenge." Yes, the prospect of getting rid of 100 things all at once absolutely terrifies me, but I might be able to modify this into a "10 Things A Day Challenge" or a "30 Things a Weekend Challenge." And then once I reach 100 I can breathe a sigh of relief at my less cluttered home.

Second is another guest post on the MoneySavingMom blog that is entitled, "How I Purged 91% of Our Stuff." This post has some wonderful, seemingly obvious tips on how one can approach getting rid of clutter. For example, about a year ago I purged my tupperware accumulation, but have since then reacquired more than I will ever use - looks like I need to purge the multiples!

Third, this is a great short article from Home Made Simple entitled, "Hour-a-Day Organization" that just gives some quick organizational tips. I LOVE the 3-5 things rule and have been doing this for years as a way to break up studying or arduous tasks that take a long time. Essentially, you find 3-5 things that you can put away or throw away. This takes no time at all and really does clean up your space, especially if you do this continuously throughout the day.

I hope you find these helpful!!

Note: I'll be updating my February goals progress soon...but it's slow going right now...

No comments: