Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Finished with shrug :-D

I finished the cap-sleeved shrug (Barbi) from Dixon's Not Your Mama's Knitting. I used Patons Rumor in Moonstone Heather and it turned out so cute!! It's so cool that I chose a yarn I liked much better than that in the pattern and intuitively knew to knit it on a size smaller needle than the pattern asked for, resulting in a perfect guage - yes I did do a swatch. I'm super excited because I loved the process of knitting this pattern and it turned out so quickly, it's actually only 36 rows. I was afraid it wouldn't fit, but it in fact fits quite nicely. I will be posting a photo before the days up :-) Of course there are the few beginnner's errors, but for my first "sweater," I think it's pretty darn good. Also, the needle lenght thing ended up not being a problem, It's incredible how many stitches you can comfortably fit on a regular length needle - this was up to 121. I'm super excited about starting a new project now - I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I do need to get back to finishing up my brother's goat :-)
Also, I'm back at school for the summer to start working on my Pileated Woodpecker research and I'm quite excited about having the evenings for knitting and reading :-)

No comments: