Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Mom's Two Gifts

I had this sorta-tacky red, green, and white with silver metallic Christmas yarn
and wasn't so sure what to do with it, so I decided Christmas coasters for my Mom might be the best idea.   I have so much yarn left over, I should start thinking on what else to make from it (maybe Christmas placemats?), since the coasters did turn out well and my Mom liked them :-P  These pictures don't really show the metallic bits in the yarn very well, but they are pretty obvious on the coasters, kinda neat.    






         
 She then wanted a scarf so I took her to Michael's to pick out a yarn she liked.  The first one she chose was way funky and thin and would only make a good summery-type scarf (and I don't even know if I'm ready to work with that type of crazy yarn yet) so I made her keep looking and she ended up finding this amazing Lion Brand Homespun yarn

that is super soft and warm and thick.  Also, it is a beautiful blue, her favorite color, with some nice greens mixed in.  The scarf ended up looking ridged because I doubled up the yarn following a pattern on the back of the yarn label itself.  She wears it a lot too which is definitely rewarding :-)

No comments: