Friday, January 25, 2008

The Beginning of Knitty Love

Hello, this is my first post and I'm very excited about starting a knitting blog.  I actually only learned how to knit last month, but surprise! I'm now an avid knitter.  :-D

So, I wanted to go ahead and post my second FO ever which is the Three-Way Tassel Hat from Knitting for Dummies.  My biggest modification was in the cuff where I just let the backwards stockinette stitch roll up instead of trying to tame it straight and flip it up.  This resulted in a rolled up cuff displaying garter stitch and it works great by being quite easy to pull over my ears.  I used 2 skeins of Patons SWS (Soy Wool Stripes) in Natural Blue.  This yarn was really frustrating at first but I have since realized that that's just because the first few rows are always frustrating.  The finished product is super soft
and adorable.  I can wear it as either a double-pointed hat or as a dog-eared hat.  I prefer dog-eared, but I'm
sure a child would love keeping this hat double-pointed.  It's such a fun item. 
 
The picture uploading is going much slower than I thought it would, so I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post a close-up of the adorable brown moose pin!
Thanks for listening and happy knitting!
p.s. I'll be posting my other so-far FOs within the week.

No comments: